19:45 Principal Theater
Marianne & Leonard: Words of love
Nick Broomfield / United States (2018 / 97’ / VOSE)
This is the love story between Leonard Cohen and Marianne Ihlen. A tragic and intense love story that haunted them throughout their lives.
- Director: Nick Broomfield
- Year: 2019
- Country: United States
- Length: 97 min.
- Original language: English
- Leadings: Leonard Cohen, Marianne Ihlen, Judy Collins, Ron Cornelius, Helle Goldman, Aviva Layton, John Lissauer, Don Lowe, John Simon, Richard Vick, Jennifer Warnes.
- Camera: Barney Broomfield
- Editor: Marc Hoeferlin
- Producers: Kyle Gibbon, Shani Hinton, Marc Hoeferlin
- Film company: Kew Media Group / British Broadcasting Corporation (BBC)
- Festivals: Sundance Film Festival (2019), CPH:DOX, Docville, USA Film Festival, Sun Valley Film Festival, Sheffield 2019
Nicholas Broomfield (born 1948) is an English documentary film director. His self-reflective style has been considered influential for many later filmmakers. At the beginning of the 21st century, he began to use non-actors in screenplays, which he calls "Direct Cinema. His production ranges from artists' studios to political work such as South African exams before and after the end of apartheid and the rise of Nelson Mandela's black majority government and the African National Congress party.
Broomfield has received, among others, the following prestigious awards: Sundance, British Academy Award, Prix Italia, Dupont Peabody Award, Grierson Award, Hague Peace Prize, Amnesty International Doen award.