18:45 Trueba cinemas 1
Dominique Caubet / France (Opera prima - Spanish Premiere - 2020 - 62’ - VOSE)
Once a Punk, always a Punk? This is the story of Stof whom we followed since 2010 – from age 17 to 26 – through the popular districts of Casablanca. Once a Punk… recounts the difficultu of remaining a Punk in Morocco. Between irony and self-mockery, Stof guides us through his quirky universo: from punk concerts to the tedium of his daily life, through his happy reunión with long lost Friends. From the carelessness of youth to the darker moments of loneliness, Stof continues his quest for freedom with pride and dignity.
- Director: Dominique Caubet
- Year: 2020
- Country: France
- Length: 62 min.
- Original language: Arabic
- Leadings: Mostafa Solhi
- Camera: Jacques Rivière, Mickaël Clouet, Aboubakr Douraidi, Dominique Caubet, Hamza Benmoussa, Othman Aouinet
- Editor: Michèle Le Guernevel
- Producers: Christian Pfohl, Rita El Quessar
- Film company: Lardux Films, Pan Productions, TV2M Maroc, Télé Bocal
Dominique Caubet is Professor Emerita of North African Arabic at INALCO in Paris. She is a sociolinguist specialized in Moroccan Arabic, who has written numerous books and articles on Morocco. Over the past ten years, she has worked on the underground music scene and the cultural movement that developed between 2005 and 2008, a Moroccan version of the Spanish “Movida” called Nayda. She had a first experience as an author for the documentary “Casanayda!” (Casablanca, 2007). Dima Punk is her first film as a director.